I'm Thankful For All of Your Children

I'm writing to let you all know how thankful I am to work with all of your children each day. I'm lucky to say that I like my job and enjoy learning alongside your kids every day. I hope everyone has a restful and happy Thanksgiving.

John


Important Info:
  • This is a friendly reminder that your Book Clubs orders are due by 11/30/17. You can place your orders online at scholastic.com/bookclubs using my class activation code: RN4NH
  • Please remember to send in a big, reusable shopping bag for kids to transport winter clothing to EA classes that happen just prior to recess. If anyone has a couple extra kicking around please send them in.
  • A note from our librarian:
Katherine Paterson on Saturday, Nov. 18

The Flying Pig is delighted to welcome  the legendary author Katherine Paterson to Shelburne Town Hall on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 1 pm(Please note this is a time and venue change.)

Katherine Paterson's latest book, My Brigadista Year, follows a 13-year-old Cuban girl as she volunteers for Fidel Castro's national literacy campaign and travels into the impoverished countryside to teach rural families how to read.

Paterson is the award-winning author of many beloved books for young people, including Bridge to Terabithia and Lyddie
There will be a brief reading and Q & A with Paterson, followed by a signing. The Flying Pig will have the full slate of her books on hand for autographing.

Comments